Level 10 Still Rings National Runner Up AA Champion

Started by Jacob Marks, May 15, 2012 · 5 Replies · 2,987 Views

Jacob Marks

-KullyI_3XM

Marvin Kimble of Swiss Turners Wisconsin Coached by Stace Maloney and Andrei Kan took 2nd 14-15 Level 10 Division on Still RIngs and dominated the All-Around competition winning by more then 4 point after AA finals. His Teamamte Josiah Eng won the Rings title with an impressvie routine, I will upload that Video soon!

Coach Sommer

Marvin's routine is far superior to Josiah's. While Josiah may be physically stronger, his swinging elements are actually not nearly as good.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Naterman

Wow, that was surprisingly good! I am impressed with the strength and relatively clean execution! I wish I had Coach's more practiced eye, I don't know enough about the small stuff but that was way more than I was expecting.

Jacob Marks

Coach

I agree with your statement that Marvin's Long swing HS were much more technical, I know that Josiah SV in difficulty was .4 higher do to his maltese work, would you say that the Judges were wrong to award Josiah a 9.25 in execution to to his lack of giant technique and hs? By the way you sat 2 rows in front of me at event Finals I was a bit nervous to say hi since I thought you were with you lady, but it had been 7 years since we met in houston and I should ve reintroduced my self, I had brought young Josh to watch the big boys go and to inspire his vision! Congrats on Allen and Alex efforts!, was this Allen first year in the 16-18 group? and how old is young Alex? he nearly made Ring finals I was rooting for them to make it so I could see them sunday!

Respectfuly

Jacob Marks

Coach Sommer
Coach Marks said:
would you say that the Judges were wrong to award Josiah a 9.25 in execution to to his lack of giant technique and hs?

Absolutely. His poor swinging technique should have been deducted much more severely.

Coach Marks said:
By the way you sat 2 rows in front of me at event Finals I was a bit nervous to say hi since I thought you were with you lady, but it had been 7 years since we met in houston and I should've reintroduced my self,

Next time, be sure to come up and say hello. 8)

Coach Marks said:
Congrats on Allan and Alex efforts!, was this Allan's first year in the 16-18 group? and how old is young Alex? he nearly made Ring finals I was rooting for them to make it so I could see them Sunday!

Yes, this was Allan's first year in 16-18. He was quite surprised to see how well he did the first day against the older guys and lost his focus somewhat the second day.

Alex is 11 years old. He was particularly happy with rings as he nearly made finals with a MUCH lower start value than the other top tier athletes.

Jacob Marks

You must be super proud of them! I do hope to make it to your one of your seminars when I have the a bit of better amount of $ saved up and then we can really get into some of the things you have done with Alex and Allan that you find of importance that I can apply to much younger boys of this calibur! Can't wait to learn as much as I can from your future works as well!

Thanks Again for all your Help

Jake