Thoughts on double progession

Started by Fluidity, May 14, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,795 Views

Fluidity

I want to ask everyone here including coach summers what their take is on double progression. Double progession is basically starting with a rep goal and then starting an exercise with low reps and building up to your rep goal with as much time as needed and then increase the intensity of the exercise and start up with another rep goal and build up to it over a period of time, and then you repeat this on and on as you increase the intensity of the exercise or exercises you perform. I want to ask everyone what they think about this type of training?

Julian Aldag

It is a great system to use for skill training and exercises with fixed load.

And ultimately it is the same way SSC works (assuming I understand you correctly).

Cole Dano

This is not explicitly mentioned in BtGB (ed I) but this is essentially the idea with the progressions. Start at level one reach a certain standard, go one to the next exercise and repeat.