Elbow Rehab

Started by Ian Myers, May 12, 2012 · 8 Replies · 4,395 Views

Ian Myers

About 3 weeks ago, I stopped doing back levers because of pain in the back of my right elbow. Hold your arm straight out in front of you, palm facing the ceiling (unless youre in a handstand :wink: ) and put your finger on the main bone that forms the point of your elbow. Move left, and find the spot between that main bone and bone that is leftmost on the elbow. This is where I feel the pain, but im not sure if its from my bicep or what, as I would think that would be more in the crook of my elbow.(tell me if my description is confusing, Ill upload a pic)

Ive been performing a few sets of 20 reps of 15lb dumbell bicep curls for each arm as a warmup, taken out back lever training, substituted very moderate planche leans, and started buting a heating pad on after working out. Is there anything else I can do? Is it definitely my bicep tendon or is it something else? Thanks in advance!

Ian Myers

bump

FREDERIC DUPONT

If I followed the instructions correctly, you have an inflammation of the lateral epicondyle AKA Tennis Elbow.

It is not the biceps tendon.

h5551079.jpg

Ian Myers

The pain seems to be in the opposite spot across the elbow. I'll upload a pic when I get back from school. Thanks!

Cole Dano

Then that's medial epicondylitis, same as Fred describes on the other side of the elbow - aka golfer's elbow.

Stoping back levers is a good move. Also be careful with your pulling in general if you are pulling beyond your connective tissues strength that can also contribute.

Google will give all kinds of things you can try as this is a fairly common issue.

Ian Myers

triceps-all.png

My pain is where the green area is. So this is golfers elbow? Thanks for the help! :)

Quick Start Test Smith

igm,

I was having terrible elbow pain because of all my martial arts training, tennis, and wods, but I started doing the exercises in this Egosque video:

and using a lacrosse ball to grind my forearms every day like KStar does in this MWOD: http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/07/epis ... earms.html

I had a "burning sensation" in the exact same green area that you have indicated. I was 90% pain free in a week or so and am now regularly 99% pain free. :)

Cole Dano

Don't forget this one -

http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17

Ian Myers

Interestingly enough, when I massage the green x on the diagram, all of the pain goes away for about 20 minutes :shock: