My wrists are not flexible. How much will that limit me?

Started by golfwolf, October 16, 2008 · 2 Replies · 2,490 Views

golfwolf

I am anxiously awaiting to receive my new rings, book, DVDs and start incorporating gymnastic to mix up my fitness training. One thing is my wrists do not seem to be that flexible. I am not all that young (will sood be 38) and am curious if this is something that is essential or will impact my progress.

For example when I bend my wrists (e.g. practicing frog) they don't even make it to 90* (like an L shape). I was watching a video on youtube yesterday of an Olympic gymnast doing a planche and his wrists were bent well more than 90* (like an upside down 7).

John Sapinoso

It shouldn't limit you if you take the proper preparation to increase your flexibility.

There's a few threads on wrist conditioning and flexibility if you look around.

Mark Weaver

Build yourself some paralettes so you can work on your planches while you also increase your flexibility.