This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120511

Started by Coach Sommer, May 10, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,359 Views

Coach Sommer

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

2 – Back Pulls

5 – Yewkis

2 – Back Pulls

10 – FL Pulls

2 – Back Pulls

15’ Cirque

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Back Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Back Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

4) Use as slow and meticulous a tempo for the FL Pulls as you can.

5) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

6) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Tyler Schmitz

I'm back to doing the WODs again bc didn't feel like the template I made for myself was adequate enough, plus the WODs are much more fun.

4 rds:

2 full XR BL pulls

30 sec rest

5 XR advanced tuck yewkis

30 sec rest

2 full XR BL pulls

30 sec rest

10 half lay->adv tuck->tuck XR FL pulls

30 sec rest

2 full XR BL pulls

10 straddle towel pullups

rest 3 min bet rds

Vincent Stoyas

What's an appropriate sub for FL Pulls? 10 is just too many for me.

Vincent Stoyas
Zach Armijo said:
Have you tried them tucked or single legged? Faster tempo perhaps. You could try 1/2 FL pulls. Again, if that is too much, scale the lever appropriately.

Yes, I do them tucked. I can handle it for a couple rounds, but then I start tapering off and I feel like it's not profitable to me anymore once my form dwindles down to nothing.

What's a 1/2 FL pull?

Can I do Negative FLs instead?

Vincent Stoyas
Zach Armijo said:

A 1/2 FL pull is different in that instead of returning to the pull up position from the FL, you simply lower slowly to a hang. Negative FLs wouldn't be quite as demanding as you are working on your dynamic pulling. The FL pulls make up your MPPL. Where as your negative FL will not.

Ah, the hardest part for me is raising into the FL. I was trying to think of a way around that. Coach wants a slower tempo, but perhaps it is better to just have a quick tempo for now and bang them out?

And yes, you're right. FL negatives are not multiplanar, silly me.