Is it possible?

Started by Jordi Van Gelder, May 7, 2012 · 35 Replies · 16,791 Views

Joshua Naterman
seiyafan said:
I tried butterfly on a free motion machine, could do 6-8 reps with 25% BW :D I felt a lot stress on my bicep tendon, especially the moment right after the pull, after that it gets a bit better, when both my arms are at horizontal (I actually don't feel much stress on bicep as before), so butterfly pull is really an advanced skill. I didn't feel much on the shoulders, not much on lats either because it is bottle necked by the weak bicep tendon.

Try it with a 10 second pull. That will really let you know more than doing reps.

Caution: try this with a lower weight first, don't hurt yourself. You may very well discover that you don't actually know how the activation should work. It took me a while to really get that down, but when you do it's very lat intensive whether or not you feel it in the biceps.

Jordi Van Gelder

It's also possible to do Maltese with arms at 90 degrees with the body? with legs in straddle of course. I don't know if i explain it correct....I saw Van Gelder doing something like this i think, but not sure if the arms were complety 90 degrees, maybe not.

Joshua Naterman

Not without feet supported or a large counterweight hanging off of the head... With a wide straddle the arms can be much wider than when in full lay, but 90 degrees can't happen. It's above the center of gravity.

Jordi Van Gelder
B1214N said:
Is it also possible to do an inverted cross straight arm press to handstand? I have seen Yuri van Gelder do it before in an exhibition in a youtube video, but he was using some bands or wires that take off some of his weight.

I'm also searching for this but cannot find it! but pretty sure it's possible. Anyone knows a video of this? i really want to see it.

Thanks!

Gregor
NeN said:
B1214N said:
Is it also possible to do an inverted cross straight arm press to handstand? I have seen Yuri van Gelder do it before in an exhibition in a youtube video, but he was using some bands or wires that take off some of his weight.

I'm also searching for this but cannot find it! but pretty sure it's possible. Anyone knows a video of this? i really want to see it.

Thanks!

Very possible and done many times but just in trainings...Why would someone done this if it's not even in code of points :wink:

Rik de Kort
Gregor said:
NeN said:
B1214N said:
Is it also possible to do an inverted cross straight arm press to handstand? I have seen Yuri van Gelder do it before in an exhibition in a youtube video, but he was using some bands or wires that take off some of his weight.

I'm also searching for this but cannot find it! but pretty sure it's possible. Anyone knows a video of this? i really want to see it.

Thanks!

Very possible and done many times but just in trainings...Why would someone done this if it's not even in code of points :wink:

And nobody tried to submit it to FIG?

Gregor

ok. So if it's C value, nobody will bother to do it.

Jordi Van Gelder

But there is not at least 1 video of any training of this??? i really want to see it.

Gregor

Probably no one is filming this because, nobody capble of this, thinks it's not worth of filming it...

Jordi Van Gelder

Well i found this one, but he's using some ropes that helps him.

4:20