This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120507

Started by Coach Sommer, May 7, 2012 · 3 Replies · 1,605 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 XR Strap HSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 XR Dips to L-sit

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 XR PMP Plus

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, perform 2 Cast Wall Walks in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) If 2 Cast Wall Walks are too easy, you may increase the number of repetitions up to 4 or you may also substitute the most challenging STRAIGHT-ARM Press HS variation that you are capable of performing for 2 repetitions.

3) During the XR Strap HSPU be conscientious in completely locking the elbows and turning the rings out at the top of each repetition.

4) XR Dips to L-sit are done by performing a regular XR Dip with the legs hanging down and then simply adding an L-sit at the top of each dip. Be sure to lock and extend the elbows properly during the XR L-sit portion of the dips.

5) Rest 30 seconds between exercises and 2-3 minutes between rounds.

6) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement.

Josh Schmitter

WOD:4 rounds/rx'd rests:

2 Plank Walks

3 Pike Pushups

5 Chair Dips to L-sit

7 Floor Pushups

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups(knees)

Notes:

-Plank walks good. Pike Pu felt good, Dips very hard but made it through all of them full ROM(last few were probably a little ugly). Pushups at the end very hard 3rd and 4th round. Wrist pushups are feeling great these days, no discomfort at all on knees with no pike...just strength the limiting factor after Dy Push days.

Vincent Stoyas

First, note to self, never say that you hate a movement because it will appear in the very next workout. I LOVE Cast Wall Walks!

Completed 4 rounds of

2 CWW

3 XR Dips

2 CWW

5 PB Dips to L sit

2 CWW

7 XR Push Ups with turn out. I forget the name.

**NOTES**

Completed the first round and a half with CWW then I felt a sort of pinge in my right shoulder so I immediately backed off. Substituted instead 25 feet of plank walks forward and 25 feet backwards.

XR Dips started off good, but at the end of the third round I found it extremely difficult to get the turn out at the top.

PB Dips felt very good, L sit was brutal and the hold got worse and worse as I neared the end of each set.

XR Push ups I haven't done in such a long time, but still very fluid and nice. Third round and fourth round I struggled with the last rep of each set. Last rep was a big fight to get up and I did not get the turn out at the top of those push ups, otherwise very good.

diotrephes

Completed four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 HeSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 PB Dips to L-sit

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 XR Pushups (feet on chair)

Finished with 2x10 Wrist Pushups