dhsi6f4Z-gI
I tried to do an arabian but everytime I try, I get this. What is this called and how can I prevent me from doing that?
Started by Yaad Mohammad, May 6, 2012 · 5 Replies · 2,080 Views
dhsi6f4Z-gI
I tried to do an arabian but everytime I try, I get this. What is this called and how can I prevent me from doing that?
You are twisting off the floor instead of in the air.
Alex Chubb said:You are twisting off the floor instead of in the air.
True, but is this also the cause for that extra twist in the flip itself? And what is this move called?
it's basically an underrotated(on the transverse axis) standing full with no set. you are doing more or less 1/4 twist on the way up and 1/4 on the way down
first off, you at least need to stand all the way up prior to the flip, otherwise you are not finishing your jump and robbing yourself of height and power
secondly, an arabian is 1/2 turn to front flip, so treat it that way. Don't try to rush, stand all the way up and turn facing the other way before you start to flip.
You can try jump back 1/2 turn to your stomach onto a high mat or arabian dive rolls to get a feel for it
yuri said:... You can try jump back 1/2 turn to your stomach onto a high mat ...
Very good advice. This particular drill is a favorite of mine that I also use with my own athletes.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Alright, I'll try that. I'll post some progress of it here. ![]()