This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gymnastic Training in Florida

Started by John Lawson, May 5, 2012 · 6 Replies · 2,319 Views

John Lawson

Hi All,

I've been training with GB on my own for a while and would like to get some hands on instruction. I will attend a GB seminar as soon as possible and would like to find some coaching close to home as well.

I'm in the Ft Lauderdale, FL area but travel up the east coast of FL frequently and across the state. Does anyone know of any high quality men's GB style coaching in FL? Any coaches/gyms would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Parth Rajguru

Johnny, I'm in Orlando and don't know of any facilities in this area. There was a 1 day seminar in Miami earlier this year. You should ask them(I don't know the facility's name) if they do coaching. Gyms might offer 'open gym' nights locally, where coaches will train adults. Also, there is the option of online coaching by Ido Portal or Steve Atlas.

There is also the opportunity to go to a seminar. There are a few people giving seminars these days. Coach Sommer, Ido Portal, Steve Atlas(The Body Practice), Jim Bathurst(Beast Skills), Jason Ferruggia, Chad Waterbury, etc. The quality varies, as does the perspective of the coach, something you want to keep in mind(conditioning vs. gymnastics vs. movement as the end goal)

Nick_Ebner

Hello All,

  

   My parents recently moved to Coconut Creek, (a little north of Ft Lauderdale).  I'm looking for a good place to train while visiting them, any suggestions?

 

Thanks

BeBetter

YES!!! I attend an Adults gymnastic class in West Palm Beach. They have classes every Monday and Wednesday for Adults. Its from 8:30 - 9:45. Some of us get there early to go some light stretching and hand balancing. There are always coaches around for you to ask questions. Everyone is really nice and informative. I have learned a good amount coming from no gymnastics background. 

 

The first half hour we work on tumbling. Then the next half hour or some and you then work on what ever you would like. Class size changes from week to week. There are a handful of us that attend every class. 

 

Here is the website

 

http://www.thegymnasticsrevolution.com/

Mike Dombrowski

This thread seems a bit old but I'll throw out my input.  I am in Fort Lauderdale, FL and am also looking for some personal training.  I know FTL Stars does have one night a week for adults but that seems to be about it.

Any further input or ideas would be great! Thanks.

Steven Cayre

Hi all, traveling to the Miami / Aventura area in early April and it would be great to attend a class during my trip. Kindly lmk if anyone is aware of any classes / meet-ups suited for beginner in the Miami / Aventura area. Thanks :-) Steven (scayre@icloud.com)

Michael Washienko

Are there any gyms in the North Miami area? I just moved and I feel like I cannot even find a gym that has a few feet of floor space and free weights.