This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120504

Started by Coach Sommer, May 4, 2012 · 5 Replies · 1,492 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes

8 ) Spend 10 minutes performing HS Wall runs. Time spent resting does not count toward the 10 minute total. Strive to perform the 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs in as few sets as possible.

9) Rest as necessary, but strive to keep rest periods to an absolute minimum. Unless you are already extremely well conditioned gymnastically, this should be a very challenging workout.

10) You may increase the intensity of the HS Wall Runs by lifting a straight arm up to the hips during each step rather than merely touching the shoulder.

Josh Schmitter

WOD:

4x4 Plank Walks

1x5 Pike Press HeS

1x10 Straddle Press HeS

10 minutes of Box HeS Wall Runs

-(30s on/60s off x 12)

-5min rest

-(30s on/60s off x8)

2x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

Notes:

-4x4 Plank walks very hard...may switch to 5x3 next time just because it wears me down for the HS work later

-HeS Presses very hard, but not surprising as it's been a little while.

-Wall runs very hard. Only made it through 12 sets before having to rest, and this is with no full ones, only Box HeSPu position. Hopefully it's just me getting back into gear and I'll be able to bang out 20 sets/the full 10min from that position soon. Also fighting some stomach discomfort/nausea during the latter half of the first 12 and all the last 8. Probably the coconut oil I had right before...for some reason that never sits too well during a WO. Perhaps I will remember this time :).

polmod

uff... thank god HS days are back to one series per exercise... it was really impossible for me to do 2x10 CWW! :)

Josh Schmitter
polmod said:
uff... thank god HS days are back to one series per exercise... it was really impossible for me to do 2x10 CWW! :)

I just got back from several weeks off the WOD's and I was also very pleasantly surprised :).

Vincent Stoyas
TANSTAAFL said:
polmod said:
uff... thank god HS days are back to one series per exercise... it was really impossible for me to do 2x10 CWW! :)

I just got back from several weeks off the WOD's and I was also very pleasantly surprised :).

Very nice surprise. Not that I ever did 20 CWW. 10 is brutal enough for me.

Anyways

2x5 CWW 90s rest between

1x5 HeS RLL

1x10 HeS Straddle RLL

5:30 HS Wall Runs

**NOTES**

I hate CWWs. I need to add them into my warm up or something so I stop dreading them, hahah.

RLLs are easy. Need to make sure to add elevation, but I was nervous with the 10 straddle RLL. That's a lot of reps.

Finished with 5:30 work and 8:15 rest. My wrists started to ache so I cut it short. I need to take my wrist conditioning much more seriously.

Randeep Walia

2nd the dislike for CWW... though even 10 is far beyond my range. I have worked up to 6 in one go.

10 Cast Wall Walks (2 sets of 4, 1 set of 2 with about 20-30 seconds rest between sets)

5 Pike Press Negatives

8 Straddle Press Negatives

...

My first press handstand workout day and I had to stop here because my wrists were completely nuked. My conversations with more experienced gymnasts revealed that I just need to develop the flexibility there over time. Later on in the evening I did one set of 10 wrist pushups. Not my best day, but I am adding Press Handstands to the (growing) list of skills I want to learn.