London 2012 olympics coming up! Just wondering whod you guys be eager to watch? Got my eyes on chen yibing, yuri van gelder, jonathon horton and kohei uchimara. And does anyone know if xiao qin is gonna compete? or hes still retired 100%?
London 2012 OLYMPICS!
Started by anhkun, May 3, 2012 · 8 Replies · 5,292 Views
I would be watching T&F (mainly sprints and relays), Gymnastics, Diving, Trampoline, and Swimming. I may watch other stuff too, but for gymnastics I will watch all the events and I think Yuri van Gelder is banned from the Olympics due to drug violations (I'm not sure). I've heard Xiao Qin took a break from gymnastics and may have returned as a part timed gymnast based on videos or articles I've seen, so I don't think he will be competing, but maybe Teng Haibin (who won gold in 2003 WC and 2004 Olympics on pommel horse) is going to compete on pommel horse for China, but I doubt he would win gold again based on recent performances.
Van Gelder has been suspended by the Royal Dutch Gymnastics Federation (because of his cocaine abuse) and so he'll miss the Olympics this year. He'll be competing in the European Championships, though.
Regardless, I'll be watching gymnastics.
I am excited for these Olympics because I now have a DVR and can record many of the events I would miss becuase of work and sleep. I usually put off all other activities during those two weeks. I also have a much better tv than four years ago. Also, with the internet, and several affiliate stations in the U.S., there is much more comprehensive coverage. I am looking forward to the gymnastics, track and field, judo tae kwon do, wrestling, swimming, diving, heck, anything.
wasnt his cocaine incident like ages ago? cos he just competed in tokyo didnt he?
I haven't been following the news (I could care less, plenty of good routines to see anyway), so I wouldn't know. I think he had a relapse or something.
Track and field, weightlifting, gymnastics, swimming, sprint canoe, in that order.
Boy it's going to be fantastic!
Tennis, mainly. I'd like to watch some gymnastics too, this will be the first year that I'll pay particular attention to it.
Rik de Kort said:(I could care less, plenty of good routines to see anyway)
Oh really, you COULD care less? How much less could you care? :wink: :wink:
Just teasing, bud.
I'll have to dust the old TV & check if it still works.
If it does, my interest is mostly with T&F, but I'll have a keen eye for gymnastics this time. ![]()
Other than that, Chinese TV will show an unduly amount of diving, shooting, bow, ping pong, etc... that will put me to sleep in no time! ![]()
Fred