revelation

Started by mattdaly, May 2, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,176 Views

mattdaly

Hey all, I have been involved in free weights for about 21 years and only included pull ups and push ups as body weight. I have always been strong for my size 5.2 but after stumbling over this site about a month ago i decided to spend a month doing gymnastic bodyweight exercises (some from the wods as well). I did gymnastics when i was 10 for a year but i moved from area.

Well its been a month and I am so happy with how things are going! With a healthy diet (which i started 4 months ago) I am 9 kgs lighter, but i feel stronger, tighter and more 'balanced'. Last years i struggled to have a place in my soccer team and this year in the first 3 games i won man of the match 2 times. My coach thinks I'm a different person!

I truly think I wont go back to the iron anytime soon, I certainly am geting better strength and fitness results following the wod and other gmnastic based body weight exercises. So thank you coach! and all those who give help, support and instruction on this site. Matt.

Philip Chubb

That is awesome to read! Congrats! Good training to you!

FREDERIC DUPONT

Very nice, thanks for the great feedback :)

How old are you MattDaly?

Fred

newguy5000

What a great story! good to hear your getting such great results.

mattdaly

I'm 36 but i have not been this fit since my early 20's!