Holistic Stretching Routine?

Started by Kvadich, May 1, 2012 · 3 Replies · 3,490 Views

Kvadich

Hey guys! I was searching through the forum and found only detached topics on how to work with the flexibility of different body parts. I wonder if there is a good routine of stretching exercises that forms, what I call, holistic flexibility of the whole body. I am trying to do some yoga exercises after I finish my work-out, but they don't really help to improve my flexibility. I understand that it becomes a problem in my progression and I would really appreciate your help on this. Thanks!

newguy5000

There is a lot of information for what your looking for in different topics on this forum if you have a hunt through.

This thread is pretty good and helped me out:

http://mail.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&p=49994

I am no expert, but there is a stretch for just about every muscle in your body so its really a question of what you want / need to stretch for your particular goals.

jl5555

I would second that thread's suggestion to look at some of Ido's routines. I would call a lot of what he does "holistic".

Quick Start Test Smith

I really like the routine from Relax into Stretch but Ido is great too if you don't want to buy anything.