Hello all,
I am back and this time I'm requesting a little help. Around a half a year ago I started manna training and that inspired me to focus more on the victorian. Over the past two moths or so I have been working on this ultra difficult skill. I am also making sure to work planche and malteses plenty, so as to try to avoid any shoulder imbalances.
Obviously this is pretty preliminary stuff, I don't hope to have a real Victorian in probably years, but I've made some substantial progress with the movement and I'm excited that it may be an eventual accomplishment.
Critiques and criticisms would be appreciated on he below links. Im posting because with strength moves as hard as the Victorian, there aren't really any hashed out training methods or tutorials to work from. So ive improvised my training for it. Mainly using foot supported versions, tucked versions of sorts, as well as working high middle splits holds and manna for core strength. I would appreciate any feedback on methods that have helped other people, or any ideas for how to train to achieve a more horizontal victorian, aside from working my butt off on the move of course ![]()
The first set in the video is more of a simple lean backward into the Victorian. The second attempt was more of a piked body position similar to that of Peter Derman's victorian attempt on YouTube. I hope I will continue to see progress with the Victorian and if so, will keep you guys updated! ![]()
Thanks again.