This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120427

Started by Coach Sommer, April 27, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,407 Views

Coach Sommer

FwnbE7hHsEU

Perform the following:

3 sets of: Basic Ring Strength 3

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 sec Descending XR L-sit

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Strive to perform the MUs with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition.

2) Choose the most challenging BL & FL variations that you are capable of holding for a solid 3 seconds.

3) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

4) You should however rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

5) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

6) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL and then move immediately to the Descending XR L-sit and then move immediately to the German Hang.

7) The Descending XR L-sit should require 15 seconds to move from the L-sit to a straight body straight arm support.

8 ) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Sven Ravnstag

Is there a GB perspective on training when sore? As usual I'm pretty sore in the post delt/teres major areas after yesterday's pulling maratho, and am wondering whether it'd be better to postpone tonday's workout until tomorrow. Do you guys often push a WOD back a day (without falling behind in them)? I'm guessing soreness after these pulling days will abate I become accustomed to the high volume ring/pull work?

Vincent Stoyas

3 sets of Ring Strength 1. Two pulls from FL and BL, 1 negative MU

2x15s FL tuck near horizontal, just above

2x15s Descending L sit tuck

2x15s GH

*Notes**

Stopped early on the statics because I already almost threw up once during the workout. I was in Vegas this afternoon and I couldn't resist a buffet. Something from the buffet didn't like me working out and once I felt it in my statics again then I decided to call it quits. That's okay though because I was feeling very tired/sore today.

MU negative is feeling very great. This week is the first time I've tried one in a long time and it's actually pretty decently controlled. I'm going to start adding them into my warm up and hopefully I'll be able to do a real muscle up soon. Muscle up hasn't really been my goal and I haven't put any specific training in towards it, but this indirect strength towards it makes me happy.

Backwards roll is tough. I was reading in another thread that one should be able to do a front roll before a back roll, is this true? For the back roll I lower into a dip and then lean backwards until i fall into a inverted pike position then I extend out to a BL flat tuck. Needs a lot of work.

Ring support I haven't touched at all either in a very long time. I haven't really even touched my rings until this week or some of last week in a really long time either. Descending L sit was brutal for the support. I need to add that back into my warm up too. The turn out of rings at the top is just so brutal anymore.