Ring Supports and PPP for review

Started by Daniel Burnham, April 26, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,644 Views

Daniel Burnham

Ive got a video of my PPP. I think I loose the lean too early in the press.

-kwe1EOiWMY

I also haven't seen much much chest hypertrophy from my gymnastic work. My lower chest keeps getting bigger but my upper looks kinda hollow. Im wondering if this is more of a result from my tendency to hunch over? Ive been working on stretching the shoulders and chest to try and remedy this.

I also noticed some winging of my scapulae in the support hold. Ive been doing these for a while and they don't seem that difficult anymore but for some reason I can't seem to fully pull them in. Any tips?

Here is the video of the support holds from both the front and back.

cv-3PRn9w8Q

Cole Dano

Work on your hollow in the push ups, your midsection is collapsing. Notice the arch in your back, and that as you press up your shoulders leave before your midsection. PPP lean at the top is good, but the rings travel forward on the way down, in a PPP the hands will stay behind the elbows all the way down.

You are also a bit loose in the support hold. Hollow body work will help with all of this.

For the winging, scapula pushups are always good, and you could also work the support on a stable surface, bars, two chairs, where it is much easier to control, rows will also help.

Joshua Naterman

You are moving way too fast during PPP. Try 5s down, 5s up. If you can't maintain hollow body, that's the first clue that you definitely need work. This will be very hard, don't be surprised if you can't even do full ROM right now. I have my last final on Monday, I'll shoot you a text and see if we can get together this weekend. Easier to explain in person, and since I have the option... well, that is to be preferred.