This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120426

Started by Coach Sommer, April 26, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,253 Views

Coach Sommer

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

1 - 15’ Cirque

2 – Front Pulls

5 -Yewkis

2 – Front Pulls

10 - FL Pulls

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Front Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

4) You may either scale the Yewkis as needed by adjusting the body position used or by choosing an easier MPPu variation.

5) Be sure to pull the chin completely over the bar at the top of each FL Pull rep.

6) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Vincent Stoyas

Did the slizzardman pull up routine today instead

First set - 2x wide grip pull, 2x normal pull up, 2x normal chin, 2x close pull, 2x close chin, 2x neutral grip

Second set - 2x wide grip pull, 2x normal pull up, 3x normal chin, 3x close pull, 3x close chin, 3x neutral grip

Finished with

3x5 tempo elevated rows

2x5 inverted rows

Also

3x1 L sit tuck to SS back to L sit tuck.

**NOTES**

I was feeling incredibly defeated today, sleep wasn't the best and I'm never able to take naps. I felt exhausted. I still trudged out to do the workout and thank goodness I did. I woke up immediately and felt great through the workout.

I haven't really done pull ups in a serious manner. I walk around and sometimes I'll do 2 or 3 nice controlled pull ups in hollow body, but that's all I've done for 2 months.

Thought I'd have a problem with 2 reps, but after the first set I felt incredibly fresh and knew I underscaled a lot. wide grip and pull up grips are the most challenging. Next time I do this workout I'd like to do 3 pull ups on each except for wide grip. I'll add a wide grip pull up after the next week.

Rows feel so nice. Doing tempo rows makes my back feel great, I can feel every muscle activate as I go through them.

Messed around with L sit to Shoulderstand. Great fun there too, just did a few reps, nothing serious.