One arm release from skin the cat

Started by Nic Scheelings, October 13, 2008 · 8 Replies · 5,283 Views

Nic Scheelings

Hi all,

I was shown a new excercise last night and just wanted to get some opinions on the excercise and perhaps some performance guidelines. Basically hanging from a bar with a supinated grip you perform a skin the cat, then slowly release one hand from the bar and under control allow your body to return to it's original position, grap the bar with ur free hand and repeat letting go with the opposite hand this time.

I was told it would be a good excercise to increase shoulder flexibility and ROM, it felt prettty interesting anyway.

Any thoughts?

Blairbob

Interesting. Still, I would avoid because IMO it just asks for too much load on one arm.

Perhaps after becoming efficient while training to hold from a bar in eagle grip and establishing a good hold and the ability to hold close (i.e. really good flexibility in the shoulders).

So, basically I would only work these after working stick dislocates really close to the arms near vertical and being able to hold the body near vertical at the bottom of a skin the cat/german hang. Then, perhaps, if you are after lots of flexibility and one arm stabilization...maybe.

Gregor

You could do this exercise in a strenght way. Just hang and roll your arms in and out, everything at all time in tension!! and slowely through movement. I hope I'll remember and try it in my way, next training.

John Sapinoso

kind of like a diamidoff?

Nic Scheelings

Sorry Tsoonami, No Idea wat that is :oops:

Gregor
ts00nami said:
kind of like a diamidoff?
basicly yes. :D
Gregor
Demus said:
Sorry Tsoonami, No Idea wat that is :oops:

first element on the vid...
Gregor

I've tried it in MY WAY, it's good warm up exercise, but you mkust be careful. And don't do it if you are not strong enough!!

Although it could be strenght exercise if you're sholders are not very strong or if they are, you could do it with weight vest or belt...

Valentin

This is a good exercises for skill on one arm like the diamidov, healey, takomoto 1/2, etc.. Its a pretty cool exercises i would like to try myself today.

Thanks for sharing