Handstand Shoulder Positioning

Started by Rik de Kort, April 23, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,483 Views

Rik de Kort

image

My best try. It feels like I'm really arching my back, though, lower region of the T-spine.

Compared it to the "perfect handstand"-picture (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8 ... N6WhOnl92Q) and I need more overhead flexion for sure. Shrugged up as much as I could.

I suppose bridging would be a good idea. What I don't get, though, is that wall extensions are relatively easy, but I don't have enough overhead flexion. Any idea why?

OyvindBirkeland

Looks a lot less arched than mine at least:)

Wall extensions easy? Do you have all of your back flat against the wall? They feel quite easy for me also with an slightly arched back, but as soon as I straighten out my back so that it touches the wall all the way, it's a lot harder....

Rik de Kort

Yeah, I learned that recently as well. :P