This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120423

Started by Coach Sommer, April 23, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,307 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform three rounds of the following:

5 Weighted RLL

10 Killers

5 Arch-ups

20m Sled Sprint

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

notes:

1) This workout should be performed as a modified giant set. To this end perform the Weighted RLL then rest 60 sec, perform the Killers then rest 60 sec, perform the Arch-ups then rest 60 sec, and then finally perform the Sled Sprint and then rest 5 minutes before beginning the next modified giant set.

2) Killers are essentially a jumping lunge. To perform Killers, first assume a right kneeling lunge position where the right foot is in front and flat on the ground with the right knee bent at approx. a 90-degree angle. The left leg will be behind with the left knee on the ground approximately 14-16†behind the heel of the right foot and the toes of the left leg curled under to aid in the coming jump. From this position, explode upward into the air as high as possible. At the top of the jump, switch the right leg backward and the left leg forward landing in the opposite lunge position. This constitutes one repetition. Continue for the prescribed number of repetitions.

3) Be careful to only allow the knee of the back leg to only lightly touch the ground. DO NOT bounce off of the ground with this knee or injury will result.

4) If possible, the Killers should be performed weighted by holding dumbbells at your sides. 20-40lb dumbbells should be sufficient for most people; although you should certainly feel free to go much heavier if possible.

5) Add sufficient weight to the sled/tire sprints to make the sprints quite challenging; the running should be very strenuous. If your quads are not seriously fatigued, you are not working hard enough.

6) If you do not have access to a tire or sled for sprints, then possible sled/tire substitutions include: perform the sprints with a weight vest, drag a kettlebell on the ground in front of you while you are sprinting backward, have a partner pulling against you during the sprint with a long strap.

Vincent Stoyas

Completed 3 rounds of

5 HeS RLL

10 Killers

5 Arch Ups

20m Hill Sprint

Finished with

1x3 50lb Rock Clean and Jerk

60s Straddle L bent

**Notes**

Instead of weight HeS RLL I elevated myself about two or two and a half inches. Difficulty is much greater!

Killers I need to add weight to. I don't have any weights here unfortunately, everything is back home in California. I need to invest in some, but I don't have any money right now. Killers were too easy, perhaps I should have added an extra 5 or 10.

Arch Ups were solid. First time I've done them, I feel like I need to progress to something more difficult. I'll check the book after I post this.

Hill Sprint I actually filled up some zip lock bags of dirt and put them in a backpack and i had a random 7.5lb weight laying around. All in all, 32.5 lbs. Sprints were a little challenging, but not nearly enough. Not by Coach's standards anyways. Gonna have to add in more dirt for the next time.

Added in the clean and jerk. The good thing about living in the desert is there are lots of rocks around. Found a decent sized one and did a few clean and jerks. I should have done more, but I wasn't sure how my body was feeling. Now, 2 hours laters, I know I should've had brought it even more.

Alvaro

3X:

-5x straight legs good morning 20kg . Lately I´ve been suffering some cramps on my neck due to HeS. Maybe is my weight gain.. :oops: . I´ll try again once I lose this 5 kilos.

-10 killers with 5 kilos dumbells

-5 arch ups with 10 kilos

- 2 x 10 m stair sprint (2 steps at a time)

I skipped the straddle work, I´m planing in adding it today. Yesterday I was running out of time. Now I´m sore so I suppose the intensity was ok.