My variation of V-sit

Started by Lucas Abner, April 22, 2012 · 17 Replies · 2,841 Views

RatioFitness

You've been training for 8 months with no guidance or prior experience....

The way I know I'm a bad person is that I never feel happy for people like you, just jealousy.

Nic Branson

Nice, some good refinement since I saw it last. Shoulders are slowly opening more. Good work.

Lucas Abner

Thanks! =)

Gavin Strelitz

Wow dude.

After 8 months that is incredible.

Coach Sommer

Overall nicely done; especially for only 8 months of training.

1) Very good V-sit (referring to the first variation in the video).

2) Very good compression on the pike press thru the bottom.

3) The shoulders stay nicely extended during the ascent of the press HS.

4) There is however a significant degree of anterior pelvic rotation (arching in the lower back) in the handstand that needs to be addressed.

5) It looks as though strengthwise you are ready to begin pressing back down and returning to the V-sit. If possible, attempt to perform this for reps.

6) If you are unable to return to the V-sit for reps, then perform a single V-sit press to HS followed by several reps of half pike press (lowering the toes lightly to the floor before pressing up once again).

Keep up the good work!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Lucas Abner
Coach Sommer said:
Overall nicely done; especially for only 8 months of training.

1) Very good V-sit (referring to the first variation in the video).

2) Very good compression on the pike press thru the bottom.

3) The shoulders stay nicely extended during the ascent of the press HS.

4) There is however a significant degree of anterior pelvic rotation (arching in the lower back) in the handstand that needs to be addressed.

5) It looks as though strengthwise you are ready to begin pressing back down and returning to the V-sit. If possible, attempt to perform this for reps.

6) If you are unable to return to the V-sit for reps, then perform a single V-sit press to HS followed by several reps of half pike press (lowering the toes lightly to the floor before pressing up once again).

Keep up the good work!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

wow!Thanks!

I can return to V-sit, I will soon do video of some repetitions and put it here.. and also, I will try to correct what you said column

Thanks for help!

Rik de Kort

Wow, incredible! How old are you?

Lucas Abner

I'm 17 years old.

Lucas Abner
Coach Sommer said:
Overall nicely done; especially for only 8 months of training.

4) There is however a significant degree of anterior pelvic rotation (arching in the lower back) in the handstand that needs to be addressed.

Coach Sommer

Now is that correct?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZuDfjTk ... e=youtu.be

Brian Li

Very nice! How did you train your V-sit?

Lucas Abner
B1214N said:
Very nice! How did you train your V-sit?

I use 5 kg in two foot and hold 30 seconds in V-sit, I repet it 3x. =)

Nic Branson

Looks better. There is still some tilt present and if you held it a few seconds longer it would be more apparent I think. Keep practicing.

Joshua Naterman

Watch what your ribs do as you get close to the top of your HS press, you can see how your body changes alignment more easily in your case by looking at the ribs at chest height than at the back, but it is visible in both.

Very nice, by the way! Really, really nice compression.

Brian Li
Lucas Abner said:
B1214N said:
Very nice! How did you train your V-sit?

I use 5 kg in two foot and hold 30 seconds in V-sit, I repet it 3x. =)

Thanks, but I mean what did you do to get your nice V-sit (nice hip protraction and hardly any backward lean)?

Did this gymnast at 0:23 in the video do that skill perfectly?

bVaKpLjC8g0

Lucas Abner
B1214N said:
Lucas Abner said:
B1214N said:
Very nice! How did you train your V-sit?

I use 5 kg in two foot and hold 30 seconds in V-sit, I repet it 3x. =)

Thanks, but I mean what did you do to get your nice V-sit (nice hip protraction and hardly any backward lean)?

Did this gymnast at 0:23 in the video do that skill perfectly?

bVaKpLjC8g0

Normally I put on ankle weights and do some leg raises, or something .... along with many lengthening.

See my one of my first V-sit that I recorded;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ3bC46aVrs

And my leg rise;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laG5k2VZzgY