Pull up station

Started by Erik Sjolin, April 22, 2012 · 2 Replies · 14,003 Views

Erik Sjolin

Lately I've been using a rafter I exposed in my basement as a pull up bar (mostly FL, yewkis and a place to put my rings since the other ceiling tiles are still there), but I'm going to be moving soon and need to design some kind of apparatus to replace it so I won't be damaging the new place.

I need something that won't take up a whole lot of space, but at the same time is stable and allows for range of movement (height is a big necessity, since I need to start practicing ring HS with my legs extended). Does anyone have any suggestions?

rubadub

Will you have an attic/loft?

DSC00517.jpg

This could be done on strong stairs banister posts too.

Erik Sjolin

I'm using something like that now, but I'm not sure what sort of site I'll have to work with. I do still have the pipe I was using beforehand, so ideally I'd like to use that.