This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120419

Started by Coach Sommer, April 19, 2012 · 5 Replies · 1,342 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Russian Dips

1 Embedded BL + 5 Half Neg MU

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo L to V HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Curl/Dip variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Use a tempo of 242 for the Russian Dip and the L to V HLL. As such, for the L to V HLL the breakdown of the tempo will be a 2 second ascent, followed by a 4 second pause at the top, then a controlled 2 second descent.

5) The assigned tempo for today’s GB WOD will not apply to the Half Neg MU; simply perform this element as slowly as you are able.

6) Add weight as necessary to the any of the exercises to make them very challenging for the five repetitions.

7) You may scale the workout as necessary by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

8 ) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Kenneth Manning

Wod:

3 sets each

MU to XR L sit low + 5 tempo Russian dips

MU - negative MU - adv tuck front pull - straddle BL + 5 tempo reverse yewkis

MU - backward roll to German hang - adv tuck back pull to adv tuck FL+ 5 hanging L to V

10 bridge wall walks

Michael Traynor

I did this 3 times, fun workout trying to do it as a giant set.

wTenDddThd4

Vincent Stoyas

What is a Half Neg MU? Going from support and dipping to just above the transition?

Alvaro

It is lowering from shoulder stand to inverted hang, If you have to do a simpler version try some curl variation.

Well finally after almost a month away from serious training (some pull ups and pull ups but nothing serious) due to job issues, I am back at the Wods!. I have won some weight :oops: , but I´ll try to be more strict in my paleo from now on.

I did:

3X:

-Paralletes L-sit + 5 tempo dips (some help with a foot at the lower part, but surprisingly small after this month)

-German hang +5 tempo 20kg barbell curl (the german hang is hard after one month away from practice :shock: )

-FL tuck+ 5 HLL (to horizontal only... I got to be serious on my frontal flexibility once and for all!)

how not I run out of time and I did skip my bridge wall walks. Over all I felt weak but not as weak as I imagined.

Vincent Stoyas

Performed 3 sets of

1 PB SS to L sit Tuck+ 5 Tempo PB Dips

1 L Hang to BL Tuck + 5 curls

1 GH to FL tuck (75 degrees) + 5 Tempo Half Leg Lift + extension to full L hang at end of each rep

**NOTES**

Pulling from various holds made this workout very fun. Before i always just lowered from an inverted hang, but this is much better.

Tempo Dips were brutal with the 4 second hold at the bottom. Glad I didn't try them on the rings.

My grip went to complete crap today. I had to cut out the curls after the first set and I did palm backwards PPPushups. Figured I'd try to get in at least a little bicep work, even if it's small. Maybe two ring days back to back is too hard on me right now since I just started back up again.

GH to FL tuck felt nice. 75 degrees is a nice strong position and i feel like I'm working well in it. I'll lower down into a full FL tuck in a month or two.