Am I ready for tuck planche?

Started by Jiggle, April 18, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,102 Views

Jiggle

I can hold a tuck planche for 10+ seconds. Here is a little video of yesterday's training session; each hold it to failure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OLaBLG8FUk

Basically at the moment I just hold tuck planches to failure. I would like to begin an SSC but am not sure if my form is okay or if I need to increase duration first. My CNS must be pretty shite as I'm able to hold to my perceived limit many many times without consequence. It feels like 12 sets of 5 seconds wouldn't be too hard if I'm able to complete 6 sets of 10.

I'm not sure if my form is okay, with my main concern being my hip height. I can also hold the position with hips higher like many seem to do but it feels more like I'm 'resting' on my traps or something (more like a handstand) but I can always switch back to that if it's better. My arms were a bit shaky on a couple of clips but there is no pain, it just happens to me sometimes (maybe something to do with low blood pressure?)

Also I'm very out of shape and a bit hungover as it's the school holidays over here.

Jiggle

bump?

Falcon

Build up 3x30s Lsit on the floor, hands flat. Or 40+s. While doing that do few holds of 10s tuck planche, make sure it's proper form.