Patellar syndrome

Started by Ivan Pellejero, April 18, 2012 · 7 Replies · 2,977 Views

Ivan Pellejero

Well, that is my diagnostique, wich are the best exercises for this problem? I was relieved it wasn't something worse but how bad is this in your experience?

Rik de Kort

The best exercise for a self-diagnosed problem is to see a physical therapist.

Ivan Pellejero

oh, sorry, I misspelled and you misunderstood, yesterday my traumatologist told me so, it is a real diagnostique :|

Rik de Kort

Ah, I see. Well, your traumatologist should be able to tell you. ;)

Ivan Pellejero

Man, he did, but some of you may have some useful information that he did not cover, he did gave me a sheet of paper with a lot of exercises that of course I will follow to the letter , if you don't want to tell anything out of doubt that I may be lying then don't but know that i'm no playing here, so restrain yourself from posting if you are not going to be of any help please.

Rik de Kort

Nah, it's just that I don't know anything about this, so I'd like to refrain from giving out advice. Joshuan and Nic may be able to help you out.

Nic Branson

Can't contradict what a doctor with a hands on evaluation says, based on just what was said. It can be caused by many things and this leads to the problem treating it. Full movement needs to be evaluated and check. Ankle and hip especially and this needs to be done on both sides. Problems on one can lead to one on the other. Take a very close look at those areas. If it is swollen badly give it time to rest. Don't aggravate it. I'm not sure what you were asked to do as I don't know what he said. I am not prescribing anything here. Take a look at terminal knee extensions. Often you're not getting good VMO functionality. The kind with the band behind the knee while you are standing. Again I don't know the details here. Also if your ITB is tight it will pull on the knee cap.

Patellar syndrome can have many causes and each one though possibly minor when combined cause problems.

FREDERIC DUPONT
falconpawnch said:
(...) he did gave me a sheet of paper with a lot of exercises (...)

Maybe you would like to share that with the community?

Fred