This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120417

Started by Coach Sommer, April 17, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,194 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3 sets of; XR HS, Negative Reverse MU to inverted hang, MU to SS, XR HSPU, lower down to XR Support Hold, negative MU down to hanging L-sit, Crank, Reverse Crank, Negative Front Pull

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) You may use the feet on the straps to slow your descent during the negative Reverse MU.

3) If you are unable to perform MU to SS (shoulder stand), perform the MU to support first and then press to SS.

4) Strive to perform the MUs with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition

5) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

6) Use the position of your choice during the Crank and Reverse Crank that allows you to control the descent while still being challenging. The ascent and descent of these elements may both be performed in different positions.

7) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

8 ) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

9) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL, then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

10) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Vincent Stoyas

Performed 3 Rounds of:

2 Pull ups, 2 Dips + Ring Strength one. 3 pulls out of BL and FL, but support to SS after the two dips.

5 minutes of rest between each.

3x15 FL tuck - It was hardly even a tuck FL, first round I was at 60 degrees, the other two I was probably at like 30 or 25 degrees.

3x20s Handstand on ground

3x15s German Hang

**NOTES**

I was very excited to do this workout, I haven't touched my rings in quite sometime, I finally found a place to hang them.

I feel very weak after not playing on them for at least a few weeks. Support to SS was brutal, I used to do that 5-6 times a day before.

Anyways.

Going from support to SS is so much fun for me, but I didn't manage to do it the last round, strength was lacking. I held both BL flat tuck for 3 seconds and FL tuck for 3 seconds before pulling out. I love the transition in and out of those. Ring series are so much fun.

FL Tuck even with minimal angle felt really nice. I'll start working these into my FSP Warm Up again.

Handstands felt very nice today. Before I was doing back to wall HS and I could do those well over a minute, but now I'm walking my hands up stomach to wall and stopping maybe 2 inches or less from the wall. I'm keeping a good hollow hold, i think...i need to confirm that with video, and trying to keep elevated. This change is dramatically more difficult. It easily halved my max hold time by half or a little more than half.

German Hang is tough as usual. Feels nice though.