This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Somalie's Log

Started by Aaron Hughson, April 16, 2012 · 8 Replies · 618 Views

Aaron Hughson

! Journey to Looking GREAT Naked !

Steady State Training Cycle 8-12 Weeks

Test max at Weeks 6 and 12

FSP WU/WO Monday, Wednesday, Friday

1. Plank w/ Feet Elevated to Parallel 3x25s

2. Reverse Plank w/ Feet Elevated to Parallel 3x30s

3. Hollow Holds 3x15s

4. Arch Hold (Superman) 3x20s

5. Chin-Up Grip Dead Hang 3x10s

6. Parallel Bar Support 3x15s

7. PU FX 3x20

8. PU FX Decline 3x15

9. Wall HS 3x15s

10. Box Jump Squats 3x5

11. 2 Mile Jog w/ Stairs, Hills, and Ramps Set Course (Get Heart Rate Monitor to Keep Heart Rate Constant and in line w/ Steady State Training Cycle)

Notes

a. Progressions Matter! Do each one until they are perfect and easy.

b. Yoga (Thursday)! Breathe Easier, Breathe Stronger, And Get Flexible.

c. Jog, Walk, Run, Jump, And Have Fun! Get out there and push, but not too hard.

d. REST! Listen To Your Body, And Not Your Head. Take notes on how you feel, do research and ask questions to help push past any obstacles safely.

Questions

1. How does the program look? Details please.

2. What are your thoughts on the implementation of YOGA for Flexibility and Breathing Strength?

3. Does the 2 Mile Jog seem to be a little too much after the FSP/FBE WU’s/WO’s?

4. Do you believe this training will result in Fat Loss and Strength Gains over the 8-12 Week Cycle?

Thanks All

April 23rd 2012

1. Plank: 25s/25s/25s

2. Reverse Plank 30s/30s/30s

3. Hollow Holds: 15s/15s/15s

4. Arch Holds (Supermans): 20s/20s/20s

5. Chin Up Grip Dead Hangs: 10s/10s/10s

6. Parallel Bar Support: Not Available

7. PU FX: 10/10/10

8. PU FX Decline 5/5/5

9. Wall HS: 15s/15s/15s

10. Squat Box Jumps: 5/5/5

2 Mile Jog Avg Heart Rate 164 max 188. Very inefficient it seems will have to increase cardiovascular health.

Alright that's it for today's log. Remember everyone. Stay Strong, Stay Healthy, Stay The Course.

PEACE!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey all edited my original post to explain my training regimen that I will be implementing. The Official Log Will Begin on Monday April 23rd 2012 and will continue along the set path.

Joshua Naterman

1) yes

2) yes, that means you're doing it correctly

3)sounds ok, weight should be directly underneath the belly button.

4) You will have to be conscious of keeping the tension even. Get someone to watch you and make sure you aren't curved!

5)you are nowhere near ready for ring supports! Try starting off with two chairs, and when you get to 60s you should be ok for starting ring supports.

Gavin Strelitz

The pre-requisite work you are doing at the moment is majorly important for your long-term development, so stick with it and enjoy it.

As you get stronger and your capacity for work increases look at doing the WODS. They are a great template to work off IF SCALED CORRECTLY.

Aaron Hughson

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. I will grab those chairs or build a set of parralets that are height adjustable.

I was also looking at the stall bar DIY looks like a great project.

I will make another log Wednesday.

Joshua Naterman

You've got great motivation, keep it alive and well!

Aaron Hughson

Hey guys just an update was not able to work out as work ran late and it's heavy lifting so was beat will resume on Monday.

Aaron Hughson

Hey guys just an update was not able to work out as work ran late and it's heavy lifting so was beat will resume on Monday.

Aaron Hughson

May 7th 2012

1. Wall HS: 13 Seconds

Rest/Get Ready: "8 Seconds"

2. Plank (Feet Elevated): 21 Seconds

Rest/Get Ready: "8 Seconds"

3. Reverse Plank (Feet Elevated): 25 Seconds

Rest/Get Ready: "8 Seconds"

4. Hollow Hold: 10 Seconds

Rest/Get Ready: "8 Seconds"

5. Arch Hold: 16 Seconds

Rest/Get Ready: "8 Seconds"

6. Chin-Up Grip Dead Hang: 10 Seconds

Rest/Get Ready: "8 Seconds"

7. Parallel Bar Support ( Counter Corner : 9 Sec

Rest/Get Ready: "8 Seconds"

8. FX PU's: 5 Reps

Rest/Get Ready: "8 Seconds"

9. XR Rows: 4 Reps

Rest/Get Ready: "8 Seconds"

10. Suicides ( Line touch runs): 880 FT

Rest/Get Ready: 90 Seconds

Repeat Five (5) More Times. Drink bits of water if needed.

Gonna have to start marking revisions on these.

I'll call this Revision 1.3b

Aaron Hughson

Wednesday May 9th 2012 (Late Night)

Got home late with a bit of a headache. Most likely detoxing from eating better, but I digress.

1. Wall HS

2. Plank

3. Reverse Plank

4. Hollow Hold

5. Arch Hold

6. Pull Up Grip Dead Hangs

7. Parallel Bar Support

8. Chin Ups 4

9. Box HeSPU 4

10. Suicides for 880 FT

11. 90 Second rest

Did this circuit for only 5 Sets. Once 9 PM rolled up I decided my sleep was more important. Hindsight being 20/20 I should of just finished but was beginning to fail and did not want to break myself down.

Saturday May 12th 2012

1. Wall HS

2. Plank

3. Reverse Plank

4. Hollow Hold

5. Arch Hold

6. Chin Up Grip Dead Hangs

7. Parallel Bar Support

8. Dips 3x6

9. XR Curls Scaled 3x6

10. Suicides 880 Ft

11. Rest 90 Seconds

I do not have parallel bars so I used the rings instead I am going to film myself for observation later.

My dips were terrible as I was using a light jump to help myself with a slow negative. Form still needs improving.

XR curls were difficult, but I also felt I was not fully engaging the muscles properly.

All sets are the same as May 7ths circuit and will be until... The 27th of July or 12 Weeks from now at which point I will retest my max.