This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120416

Started by Coach Sommer, April 16, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,469 Views

Coach Sommer

pTUn2-sF3Hw

Complete four rounds:

15’ Senders

12 Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats

15’ Senders

8 GHR

15’ Senders

4 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 15’ of Senders in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Alternate legs on each rep of the Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats.

3) Use only the minimal assistance necessary to complete each rep of the GHR.

4) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

5) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

6) Do NOT forget the weighted pike stretches at the end of the workout.

Vincent Stoyas

Completed 4 rounds of:

15' senders (parellette, parallette, 3'2 garbage can, 4 foot long object)

12 squat jumps

15' senders

8 (first two rounds cleans and next two with deadlift.)

15' senders

4 depth jumps (3 feet)

**NOTES**

- First time ever doing senders, rebounding over the garbage can was extremely difficult until the last 5 times through it. I was having a hard time rebounding over before and would have a slight bend before and then a quick shuffle of feet after. Later through the workout, I got used to the motions and rebounded nicely over them.

- I'm not strong enough for Deck SLS jumps, so the first round I just did deck squat jumps, but those were too easy so instead I just did pure squat jumps. Was that a good substituting or should I have stuck with Deck Squat Jumps in order for the most amount of explosiveness possible?

- GHR I have nothing, but problems with. Hopefully someone is actually reading this and can send some help my way. I don't know if it's just because I do them with my feet under a car or not, but when I start leaning forward when I get to a certain point my knee cap moves. It shifts and then it hurts too much to keep going further. I have tried doing a harop curl or a NLC with the forward bend and head to the ground, but I am just not feeling that much in my legs at all. I figured a deadlift is as close as I could get to it.

- Depth jumps is still relatively new to me. I should jump off something higher, but I won't. I will keep this height for quite a while until I'm just beaming with confidence about it.

Josh Schmitter
Vincearoo said:

- I'm not strong enough for Deck SLS jumps, so the first round I just did deck squat jumps, but those were too easy so instead I just did pure squat jumps. Was that a good substituting or should I have stuck with Deck Squat Jumps in order for the most amount of explosiveness possible?

I think squat jumps are a fine sub as you are still doing an explosive movement. You could also try Deck SLS as explosively as possible, or as you said, stuck with the Deck Squat Jumps and just pushed for more height(i.e. making them harder).

Vincearoo said:

- GHR I have nothing, but problems with. Hopefully someone is actually reading this and can send some help my way. I don't know if it's just because I do them with my feet under a car or not, but when I start leaning forward when I get to a certain point my knee cap moves. It shifts and then it hurts too much to keep going further. I have tried doing a harop curl or a NLC with the forward bend and head to the ground, but I am just not feeling that much in my legs at all. I figured a deadlift is as close as I could get to it.

Knee pads my friend :). Find some old rollerblading pads at a yard sale/Salvation Army, or just rock some cheap ones from Lowes if they have cheapies.

Vincent Stoyas
TANSTAAFL said:

Knee pads my friend :). Find some old rollerblading pads at a yard sale/Salvation Army, or just rock some cheap ones from Lowes if they have cheapies.

Think it's just I need a stiffer surface? I roll up my yoga matt and do them on that, maybe it's too soft?

Josh Schmitter

I would definitely try them. I'm not sure, but I believe I used to do them on a rolled mat as well, but had that same problem.