Woohoo just did my first muscle up! I am so happy. I had this as a goal only for 2013, so I was very surprised to get it this morning. Obviously just the start, but it sure feels good. I won't be trying another one for a while though & will just keep going as I have been. Thanks Slizzardman for a lot of tips especially hammering injury prevention, which is an amazing service that you perform & at a great price too ![]()
What I did for those in a similar boat:
-low volume GTG, always thinking of this a long term goal. No pain etc, really low volume for false grip. False grip on door gym of 4 sec hangs in all hand position, 1-3 fg pull ups. Not every day, just pretty casually, and building up to this over a fairly long period >6months.
-Coach's essay recommendations. Deep dips. FG High pulls.
-WODs since around the start of the year
-Ring series of something like in the WOD.
-I probably lost a few kilos lately as I am not eating as heavily, so this probably helps as I feel lighter, yet my strength hasn't suffered it seems. I don't want to lose too much, because I just bought a new suit aaah! Time to go have some brunch.
My focus was slightly different today when playing around, instead of thinking about the transition (which mentally/physically blocked me), I just thought about the feeling of the dip and getting to that. Also I thought about a tip from a video of a forum member sascwach (he was in the desert with chickens in the background, great video) - to keep the rings really close to the body. Thanks! Definitely my favorite muscle up video.
xGY1VvUDOwY
i probably could have got here faster, but my number one goal is no injuries! Please God, no injuries!!
Unfortunately, I am having sinus surgery tomorrow, so my body will be set back after that. Oh well, I am just so happy to see this sort of progress, which is very different from the slow incremental stuff we normally hope to detect.
Cheers all GBers, it is a happy day for me!
updated: ok i just uploaded my second one for kicks.
QUGbvopVBCg
Might look a bit more crossfit than GB at the moment :? Have to start somewhere I guess.