New Strength Move? Yaad-Lever (Combination of front-lever)

Started by Yaad Mohammad, April 12, 2012 · 10 Replies · 3,431 Views

Yaad Mohammad

I've never seen anybody do this move ever:

jpaamg.jpg

I've been training it for quite a while now and it's now perfectly flat. I think it's a great progress to a Victorian I think. It's a front-lever but on paralettes or parallel bars. Can you guys try this out and make a picture of it? I'd love to see yours.

Philip Chubb

Are your arms on the parralletes? That's basically a supported victorian. A lot of people use that to slowly build up to doing one.

Yaad Mohammad
PHILIP said:
Are your arms on the parralletes? That's basically a supported victorian. A lot of people use that to slowly build up to doing one.

Yes, my arms a supported on them... so it already exists :(

Philip Chubb
Rago said:
PHILIP said:
Are your arms on the parralletes? That's basically a supported victorian. A lot of people use that to slowly build up to doing one.

Yes, my arms a supported on them... so it already exists :(

Yes it does, sadly. A lot of people will train malteses the same way. If you are able to go from front lever to victorian, I think that hasn't been competed yet. And you could have that named after you.

Aaron Griffin
PHILIP said:
And you could have that named after you.

The Ragoian has a odd ring to it

John Sapinoso

press into a manna from that position :shock:

seiyafan

speaking of manna, can we expect to see manna on rings in the next 3 years?

Brian Li

Yea this is like a supported victorian with the arms close to the sides. I have never tried this before, but how long did it take you to get it and what are the strength requirements for this like do you need a full front lever or something? If you want to train towards a victorian then you should strive to make your arms wider out to 45 degrees and keep less of your arms supported as you get stronger. You can also do body levers in this position.

seiyafan said:
speaking of manna, can we expect to see manna on rings in the next 3 years?

I think Dillon wrote that a manna on rings is impossible because you have to push backwards instead of straight down and you would simply fall backwards.

Yaad Mohammad
B1214N said:
Yea this is like a supported victorian with the arms close to the sides. I have never tried this before, but how long did it take you to get it and what are the strength requirements for this like do you need a full front lever or something? If you want to train towards a victorian then you should strive to make your arms wider out to 45 degrees and keep less of your arms supported as you get stronger. You can also do body levers in this position.
seiyafan said:
speaking of manna, can we expect to see manna on rings in the next 3 years?

I think Dillon wrote that a manna on rings is impossible because you have to push backwards instead of straight down and you would simply fall backwards.

You definitely need a full front lever. I recommend around 10-15 seconds. Then you should just practice it with one leg and try to build your way up until you are strong enough to do a full one.

Brian Li

Oh ok thanks Rago! That's pretty beastly! Have you tried doing body levers from that position before (with the paralletes secured of course) and the inverted version of this like a supported maltese before?

Yaad Mohammad
B1214N said:
Oh ok thanks Rago! That's pretty beastly! Have you tried doing body levers from that position before (with the paralletes secured of course) and the inverted version of this like a supported maltese before?

Nope, I think I need my planche first for the supported malteses.