Foam Rolling for upper body/shoulders

Started by juiop, April 9, 2012 · 1 Replies · 2,610 Views

juiop

I have been doing plenty of foam rolling for lower body daily and also for the back but I dont know how you would go about doing it for the upper body? Any ideas? I want to do this for my shoulders but I dont see how its possible other than going to a therapist. Any tips would be great, thanks!

Uzeeh

Well, I started foam rolling the upper back yesterday with a lacrosse ball. I just put it on the floor, lay on it on my back, and started moving over it while simultaneously raising my arsm to overhead position to cause even more discomfort in the knots.

I was shocked that after that, my overhead range of motion got so much better... Shoulder dislocations --> 10 cm better, and I could finally do a decent jerk position. I could finally do the hollow with correct shoulders :shock: If only my wrist wasn't injured, I want to try the handstand so badly :D