Rings - Cirque du Soleil Style!!!

Started by Coach Sommer, April 8, 2012 · 5 Replies · 3,608 Views

Coach Sommer

The following is a clip of Cirque du Soleil artists modernizing the old school style swinging or "flying" rings.

Very dynamic, very acrobatic. Among other things you will have a chance to see double twisting double backs, triple layouts and I believe that I even saw a quintuple back (5 flips) thrown in there.

At approx the 2:26 mark you get a chance to see what a gymnast sees as they perform multiple twisting and multiple flipping dismounts. Good memories. :D

CBlaHQpEaaY

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

John Sapinoso

:shock:

seiyafan

:shock:

Nic Branson

While I could not even come close to that...wow. I cannot be the only one thinking that it looks fun as hell.

Kiyumars

That looks scary fun, especially the POV shot.

Brian Li

This is really cool! :D Why was this apparatus removed from modern gymnastics? Is it because it was more dangerous than the others?