my last handstand

Started by Alessandro Mainente, April 5, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,687 Views

Alessandro Mainente

blhJPrKc1G0

this is my last form, cause the size of my rigth triceps my shoulders seems to be not openend at 180°, but i'm sure that only with 180° i can hold this form... i can relax myself much more shifting the weigth on my palms

i reached 1 minute and half in this position...i'm planning of starting the OAS seriously

Iwan Thomas

Great bodyline!

Aaron Griffin

So I have a question that is going to sound silly. When you kick up in the open like that, how do you prevent yourself from going over? How do you lock it out? I can't figure that part out right now, so I fall quite a bit if I kick too hard

Aaron Griffin
Zach Armijo said:
When kicking up like that, you should always keep some pressure on your fingertips to keep you from going over. You will also just find the right amount of kick needed to get you up.

Is it JUST the fingers that keeps you from going over, though? When I see people with strong handstands kick up, it seems like they use body tension to sort of stop/stall the momentum correctly. I dunno, I just kind of see people "snap" into place when they're really skilled. It doesn't look at all like the floaty scissor kick drill people do when learning

Alessandro Mainente

fot the kicking process i used in the past a tecnique similar to the approach that coach sommer said about the transition wall handstand and free handstand...

i did my handstand (stomac to wall) in the beginning with hands and 10-15 cm from the wall and from this position i lift one leg from the wall directly above my head and the other leg on the wall...and after i push with the leg on the wall to reach the handstand

for me the idea was to put the hands farther and farther from the wall...and from this position maintain one leg above my self and the other on the wall...and as i mentioned before kick with the second leg to reach the handstand..

as your hands are at big distance from the wall, the kicking movement is more similar to a lunge with an elevated leg...so you can save little by little the correct tecnique and the kick's power you need