Achieved A Muscle-Up

Started by powersnake, October 9, 2008 · 2 Replies · 2,106 Views

powersnake

After few weeks of false-grip pullups, ring dips and some muscle-up negatives, I managed to do a muscle-up today.

My video is not the best muscle-up of the day (the 2nd rep I did was the smoothest). I will post a better video after I will clean it up.

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=Xajigl1VOMs

Q: Does the muscle-up should be eventually a pullup to kind of whole-body tricep extenstion? no chest or shoulder roll at all? I mean the body should move straight up by hands only, right?

Critique, advices and comments from all kinds are welcome.

G00SE

pretty good muscle up- its got a lot less momentum than a lot of muscle ups i've seen from non gymnasts-

crossfitters are one big example-i think their workouts are amazingly tough and intense and offer great results, but they kip way too much on the muscle ups-that defeats the whole purpose of gaining strength through the transition

just keep it up

btw-where are your rings hanging from-it seems like they are in your bedroom gotta put em somewhere :lol:

powersnake

Thanks G00SE,

I installed a wooden beam between the walls, in the middle of my bedroom to allow all possible movements.