[HB] Cast --> Back hip circle problems

Started by Othsanak, April 3, 2012 · 10 Replies · 3,562 Views

Othsanak

Hello,

First of all apologies if the content is somewhat explicit.

I'm a beginner at gymnastics and I learned the back hip circle quickly but now I'm afraid of doing it because my penis gets in the way and it's a horrible feeling like a meat grinder.... I need tips from anyone who knows how to avoid this and especially info on where exactly should I place the bar. This is confusing because my coach insists that my arms should be straight when doing it but thats where my johnson is :roll:

Thanks.

Joshua Naterman

See, that's part of why I hate cleans. I have a very vertical pull. I don't know what the heck is supposed to be done about that, and am glad you brought this up so that I can hopefully benefit from some sage advice before I have an unfortunate learning incident... I can say with full honesty that this is one situation I do not want to be able to empathize with too directly!

Blairbob

I think we should all just wear a cup for In bar High Bar work and oly work.

For the back hip, shrug up in support before casting, shrug down so the bar is on your hips/thighs in the circle

Cole Dano
Blairbob said:
I think we should all just wear a cup for In bar High Bar work and oly work.

There's a timeless solution.

Othsanak
Blairbob said:
I think we should all just wear a cup for In bar High Bar work and oly work.

For the back hip, shrug up in support before casting, shrug down so the bar is on your hips/thighs in the circle

This technique seems legit to me :mrgreen:

Kyle Devlin
Joshua Naterman said:
See, that's part of why I hate cleans. I have a very vertical pull. I don't know what the heck is supposed to be done about that

Haha.. That's a familiar fear. Injury of the sort didn't happen often to me, but when it did, a break from cleans seemed appropriate.

Light weight cleans and power cleans were the most dangerous since the pull is much quicker and the bar is easier to move into your junk.

Joshua Naterman
HollowDevl said:
Joshua Naterman said:
See, that's part of why I hate cleans. I have a very vertical pull. I don't know what the heck is supposed to be done about that

Haha.. That's a familiar fear. Injury of the sort didn't happen often to me, but when it did, a break from cleans seemed appropriate.

Light weight cleans and power cleans were the most dangerous since the pull is much quicker and the bar is easier to move into your junk.

Yes... makes me want to buy this.

post-12160-13531537345592_thumb.jpg

Philip Chubb

I actually used to be pretty decent on the bar but for that exact reason, I have lost all the skills on it. The fear just keeps me from ever doing anything again.

Joshua Naterman

I am sticking to tap swings and eventually giants :)

Nic Branson
Joshua Naterman said:
I am sticking to tap swings and eventually giants :)

Now that will be a site to see at your size. I need to find a higher bar to work with hrrm.

Piotr Ochocki

Keep your hips (and the important rest of you) away from the bar - this is the solution.

You can well see it here, look how this guy does it, around 1:30s, 2:40s etc

gOeqKA_Wess