Tippelt, problem with holding the legs

Started by Thomas, April 3, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,466 Views

Thomas

Hi!

I've been competing a Moy for about a year now and it is quite solid, so I thought I'll give the Tippelt a try.

First time wasn't too good, but now I can nearly master it. I'm high enough and I can fully reach the straddle L position, but I just can't hold it. Everytime I do it, the pressure is just too much and my legs touch the bars.

What sort of conditioning would you recommend to master that?

I can hold a straddle L for a long time, and I've already been working it regularly, so I think just holding it won't be too beneficial.

Maybe some weight at the ankles? Or should I try to master an advanced straddle L(which I can't do at the moment due to a lack of flexibility, I guess)?

Coach Sommer

It is almost certainly not your straddle L, but the height of the hips when you are regrasping the bars.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer