Pain in the right shoulder.

Started by MichaelLee, April 2, 2012 · 0 Replies · 1,812 Views

MichaelLee

Hello,

Recently I have been experiencing pain the right shoulder, especially when I do front lever static holds or I am in an inverted hang.

It does not hurt when I am doing back lever static holds and It doesn't hurt for my manna progression holds, however, I have noticed these are not as strong (may just be on/off days).

It also does not hurt for when I am practicing back-to-wall handstands, however, lately I have been adding stomach-to-wall handstands, but only for small amounts of time so I can ease into it, and not so close to the wall either that it becomes hard.

I have also been doing a bit more barbell work on the shoulders; mainly lifting the barbell over my head for me to do back squats, so I am not sure if this may be causing the pain.

Also, before every workout I do Ido's scapular motions with resistance bands that are on Youtube.

What am I doing wrong? I have been doing 1-legged front levers for maybe 3 months or longer now, and I had never had problems like these.

Thanks