Hey guys. I am doing the HeSPU progression in the book after the Negative HeSPU's. Pushing from the ground to free standing is difficult. I am only able to do one every set. SO i do three sets one rep each. The next SSC i do (APR 20th) should i just go back to negatives and go down as slow as i can? I was able to lower down for five seconds each rep when i was doing them before. or am i still ok to do the Freestanding HEspu? I don't know. Thanks!
HeSPU
Started by Ian Legrow, April 2, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,710 Views
You're in that transition phase between strength skills. You could do your singles one time a week and the negatives on the others. Do your single up followed by the negatives. So your first rep is both concentric and eccentric then the following reps are all negative. Adding another concentric portion as your strength improves. At this stage in your progress from what I have seen here it is not really a connective tissue adaptation issues. Just a strength one.
Maybe do hespu negative elevated slow (5-10s) could be help for your variation ?
Thank you both very much this helped a great deal!
Ian, do them stomach to wall, do not stop at the bottom but use the stretch reflex to get out of the hole.
When you can do 5-8, 4-6, 6-10, etc; then go back to hespu from floor. Use them as singles if you want, but do the wall versions to get your volume in.