Only doing 4 Exercises

Started by CalisthenicGod, March 31, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,878 Views

CalisthenicGod

Hello,

I would like opinions and feedback on a routine I created for myself, it only contains 4 FBE's that cover the basic push/pull for the upper body (vertical and horizontal push/pull).

Day A:

-Planche and Front Lever statics

-Horizontal Pushing and Horizontal Pulling FBE

Day B:

-Back Lever and L-Sit statics

-Vertical Pushing and Vertical Pulling FBE

Can this routine ultimately lead to me to success (being able to do full lay planche and front lever, etc)?

-When I become proficient enough, I'll add another day that involves Multi-plane push/pull and Combined Push/Pull.

-Yes there is no leg training in this training template, I am going to do sprints to make up for that.

Should I add in core work? For example add in Hanging Leg Lift progressions in Day A and add Reverse Headstand Leg Lifts in Day B?

Is a 3x5 set/rep scheme good enough for this? How about a 3x5 then slowly add reps until 3x10 then move onto next progression starting at 3x5?

Comments and Feedback is appreciated

CalisthenicGod

Any comments on this routine? I'm planning on staying on this for awhile until the Handstand Push-up DVD for CC comes out and then I'll re-evaluate if I should switch over to gymnastics conditioning permanently or give Paul Wade a second chance.

Ian Myers

Sounds like a good plan! My only suggestions for your goals is to do all four of those fsps every draining day, because if your up for it it will help a lot. As to whether or not youll be able to knock out a planche and front lever, Id say almost certainly if you train continuously. :D