Middle Splits

Started by Sailor Venus, March 30, 2012 · 0 Replies · 2,120 Views

Sailor Venus

I'm not sure if there are two versions of the middle/box splits. One where you have toes pointing the ceiling and one with toes pointing forward with the feet on its side.

I've been practising the toes-pointing-at-ceiling version for a long time. I use a guard rail or a metal fence to practice the splits on where I can thread my arms through the metal bars and grab it and pull my pelvis closer and closer towards the guard rail. Love it.

For the toes-pointing-forward version which I'm struggling with it. I feel like the muscles on the outside of both legs are getting crushed under my hip bone than feeling a stretch. I don't feel much stretch elsewhere on my legs, maybe the pelvis/groin area... Could I be doing it wrong or something?