Shoulder flexion in HS "box" press

Started by Ian Legrow, March 29, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,483 Views

Ian Legrow

bBv-0xinLPI

The actual HS pres work starts at 14 seconds. I needed to work on my shoulder flexion last time i posted one of these videos. I was actually working on my OAHS for a couple of weeks. BUt i decided that i should strengthen my shoulder girdle with the press before i begin the OAHS. I am mostly concerned about my shoulder flexion.

thanks!

Philip Chubb

Nice! Watching your videos makes me go get up and practice! You're coming a long way very fast!

Ian Legrow

Thank you philip! that means a lot to me!

Philip Chubb

Anytime Ian! I am actually just finished a small practice session now thanks to your inspirational video.

Coach Sommer

Shoulder flexion is improving. Continue working on flattening the lower back by rolling the hips under.

Be wary of moving to OAHS prematurely before your free HS has been mastered; quality of execution matters every bit as much as duration. Once you begin OAHS work, incorrect shaping issues will simply become habitual and quite difficult to address later.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer