This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120329

Started by Coach Sommer, March 29, 2012 · 6 Replies · 1,640 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian Rows

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian Pushups

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Row/Pushup variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) NOTE: When scaling always adjust the difficulty of the FBE so that you will be able to maintain the correct tempo, sets and reps as designated in that day’s GB WOD.

3) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 434 for the basic strength sets. For the XR Bulgarian Rows, this equates to a 4 second ascent, followed by a 3 second pause at the top, then a 4 second descent.

6) Be sure to use a full ROM during the HLL.

7) Focus on maintaining completely locked, straight elbows at all times during the PL with the hips at shoulder height. You may adjust the position of the body as necessary.

8 ) If XR Bulgarian Pushups are too difficult, scale down to a more appropriate pushup variation.

9) If HLL are too difficult, scale down to a more appropriate Core variation.

10) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Josh Schmitter

WOD:3 sets of each/rx'd rests

15s GH + 5 Tempo XR Rows(about 140 degrees)

15s L-sit low + 5 Tempo XR Pushups

15s L-sit Hang Low + 5 Tempo HLL Half/Bent-quickly turned to tuck V-ups.

10 Bridge Wall Walks(5,5)

Notes:

-Rows very hard with tempo. XR Pushups I got a little overconfident as I could not complete the last rep of the last set(also was a broken set of 3+1).

-This is getting frustrating with my HLL. Whenever they are at the end of the WO w/ tempo my forearms are toast and I can't complete the sets as rx'd. Today I had to do a broken set on the first time through, so I figured I'd just do tuck V-ups as I have no other ideas. If anyone has any suggestions, please send them by flaming chariot.

Sven Ravnstag

I practice fingertip pushups and towel hands twice a week and grip is rarely a limiting factor for me.

Josh Schmitter
Steve Sisk said:
I practice fingertip pushups and towel hands twice a week and grip is rarely a limiting factor for me.

Thanks for the idea. I really need to get my rice bucket out again. I do fingertip pushups in my wrist routine every WO. What, pray tell, is towel hands? I have several ideas, one involves long sleeves, pulling your hands in while holding towels, and pretending you have towels for hands...

Sven Ravnstag

Towel hangs rather. Nymph wrap a towel around a pullups bar and hang from it/hem them. Trusted a full set of progressions in the convict conditioning 2 book, but you could probably get creative and figure most of them out yourself if you don't want to buy it.

diotrephes

Warm-up then

3 sets each of:

1 BL tucked + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian Rows (legs on seating chair)

1 straddle PL + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian Pushups (feet on seating chair)

1 FL tucked + 5 Tempo HLL

Finished the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

Josh Schmitter
Steve Sisk said:
Towel hangs rather. Nymph wrap a towel around a pullups bar and hang from it/hem them. Trusted a full set of progressions in the convict conditioning 2 book, but you could probably get creative and figure most of them out yourself if you don't want to buy it.

Thanks again. Just started rice bucket work again, will try to incorporate these somehow.