I can't find the answer to this on the forum and will appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
When I do pull ups (palms facing away from me) I start with my whole body hanging vertically but by the time I am in the full pull up position I am hanging rather diagonally with my feet well in advance of the rest of my body. I've looked at a few videos and have seen people who hang vertically for the full ROM and others who seem to do what I do. It's difficult to tell because all the ones I've seen are filmed from the front or back.
Is this normal or is it something to do with lack of flexibility? I am rather inflexible in the thoracic spine - if I squat down and raise my arms overhead they are at a 45 degree angle to my torso. :shock: