I have bought your book "Building the gymnastic body" but I can't figure out how I should combine the exercises in the book with the steady state program. For example, if I do pull-up variations on monday, 3 x 5 for each exercise, how many pull-up variations should I perform? Is 3-4 pull-up exercises enough? I find it hard to assembling all the exercises to a complete program. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
How to assemble the exercises to a complete program?
Started by Makaveli, March 28, 2012 · 7 Replies · 2,999 Views
Makaveli said:I have bought your book "Building the gymnastic body" but I can't figure out how I should combine the exercises in the book with the steady state program. For example, if I do pull-up variations on monday, 3 x 5 for each exercise, how many pull-up variations should I perform? Is 3-4 pull-up exercises enough? I find it hard to assembling all the exercises to a complete program. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
If you are doing pulling on Mondays you should choose two different exercises and do the variation you are capable of, for example:
row variation: front lever row- tuck
pull-up: wide grip behind
You would do these exercises after your fsp
Hope it helps
I thought every training day would be a full body workout with pulling, rowing, pushing, legwork and core? Because of my job and family I have`nt got time to train 5-6 times a week. I have been training with weight for 16 years but I`m completely new to this gymnastic training.
you could do it all in one day, or you could do four days of upper pushing, upper pulling, lower body, and core. For the upperbody pushing day you could do
warmup and fsp
pushup variation
dip variation
handstand or vertical push variation
for myself i took a pulling WOD, pushing WOD and a lower body WOD i liked and did each one once a week for 2 months,
trying to achieve the announced repetitions numbers and improve the FSPs from week to week
after that i made a regular 3 days workout split - monday 3 pushing exercises - 2 pulling -> isometric chin holds and one arm pull ups - (3 sets, 6-8 reps)by taking only the exercises ( FBE) and took those exercises which allowed me to stay in a challenging repetition range - for example: if i was able to do 3x 8-10 reps on pseudo planche pushups i replaced the exercise within the routine with XR pseudo planche push up, and so on..
concerning the FSBs i try to incorporate them as a part of my warm up in each workout, but i don't do em too often in order to prevent fatigue and over training.
hope i could help you a little
Read page 178 in the book about integrated training. Thats what I started out with and it worked realy well. I did that for about 6 months (or so cant remeber exactly) I then started to follow the Wods.
If your still confused read this http://maximalimpact.blogspot.com/2012/ ... rkout.html
igm503 said:If your still confused read this http://maximalimpact.blogspot.com/2012/ ... rkout.html
Perfect!! Thank you!