Hey everyone,
I recently found out I don't have enough cartilage in my wrist. But before I delve into that, I'll give a quick preface to the situation.
I'm 17 years old & I've been doing Gymnastic Strength Training™ for the past two years, competitive soccer for eight. About four months ago I finished a soccer game and noticed I had a sharp pain on the outside of my right (dominant hand) wrist (between the bone in the forearm that protrudes and the start of the hand). As I said before, I didn't realize the pain until after the game, so I have no recollection of what incident caused this during the game, but I assume I must've fallen and broke my fall with my wrist.
The pain was rather sharp at first, but subsided within a week. I started training again but noticed a slight, but irritating pain whenever I put weight on wrist when it was bent backwards. This was especially frustrating for handstands, and many other movements. As a result, I had to put these exercises to rest for a while. So three months later, the pain was still there, but only when doing pretty heavy exercises as described above (Handstands, L-sits/Planches on floor). In other words, pushing a door open would not hurt in the least bit. Doing Planches/L-sits on a bar apparatus would not trigger the pain.
So I went to see an orthopedic whom specialized in hands & wrists. He took an X-ray of my hand and diagnosed the following:

Between forearm bone B, bone T and bone L, the cartilage has worn away. He suspended such bent-wrist exercises indefinitely and I'm checking back in with him in 4 weeks.
Is there any hope for eventually being able to do bent-wrist exercises or regenerating this cartilage?
Cheers,
Stefan
