Beginners Joint programme

Started by lupine, March 27, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,535 Views

lupine

Hi All

I have been lurking on the forum for months and I own the gymnastic bodies book. I am primarily a practictioner of yoga and a rock climber but would like to add gymnastic training (joint work and flexibility work especially) to my programme. I am a little overwhelmed and cannot find anything that I should be starting with. Can anyone advise? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

lupine

Can anyone help, a pointer of any kind is much appreciated. Wasn't coach going to release a book on this subject?

Blairbob

PG 175 or killroy70 program

Or are you just looking for a mobility and flexibility program?

lupine

Mainly flexibility and mobility at this stage, but thanks for pointing out those general programs as I intend to start something like that once I have worked out a few issues with mobility and flexibility. Apart from flexibility program, where is the info on those programmes to be had?

Thanks

Quick Start Test Smith

Hi, lupine.

For what it's worth, this is what I do on Sundays. Maybe you'll like it.

Part 1

1 minute cat stretch on box

1 minute shoulder stretch (arms behind like when doing dips)

1 minute sleeper stretch (each arm)

1 minute back arch up stretch

1 minute quad stretch

1 minute standing spread feet hamstring stretch

1 minute sitting side split stretch

1 minute lunge stretch + 1 minute lunge hamstrin stretch (each leg)

1 minute hip flexor stretch with back foot pulled against butt

1 minute couch stretch (leg external rotation) on box or on floor

1 minute hurdlers stretch but lean back and stretch top of quads

1 minute calf stretch (per leg)

Part 2

1 minute cat stretch on box

1 minute shoulder stretch (arms behind like when doing dips)

1 minute sleeper stretch (each arm)

2 minute back arch up stretch

1 minute quad stretch

10x10 seconds per direction (L leg, R leg, middle) spread feet hamstring/adductor stretch

1 minute sitting side split stretch

1 minute lunge stretch + 1 minute lunge hamstring stretch (each leg)

2x2 minute hip flexor stretch with back foot pulled against butt

2 minute couch stretch (leg external rotation) on box or on floor

1 minute hurdlers stretch but lean back and stretch top of quads

I made it for myself, so there are things I do in it that only I would kind of understand at first; however, I will try to explain what some of the things are and it will be a good base stretching routine at any rate.

I also do Ido's Squat Clinic daily as well as both of his shoulder and scapula routines. PNF stretching + full ROM strength training, too.