world record pull ups with a 45 lb plate

Started by dnj23, March 24, 2012 · 5 Replies · 4,476 Views

dnj23

According to wikipedia, the record is 18 by Damein Longley. Pretty impressive, but I say someone in here could beat that.

Rafael David

I think I can do even more. I'll try some day.

seiyafan

In some of the record setting videos I see people just lifting their heads up so the chin is above the bar while the angle of their forearm to upperarm is still 90 degrees. Shouldn't a proper pull-up be that your bicep almost touches the forearm or your elbow almost touch side of your rib?

dnj23
seiyafan said:
In some of the record setting videos I see people just lifting their heads up so the chin is above the bar while the angle of their forearm to upperarm is still 90 degrees. Shouldn't a proper pull-up be that your bicep almost touches the forearm or your elbow almost touch side of your rib?

Yeah I agree. Everyone tends to vary in rom, but I didn't see this one done.

MCem222

I'm sure tons of people could beat that.

Heres a video on youtube of a 200 pound man doing 21 pullups with a 45 lb plate

YVNIAPqUy4U

Ian Legrow

After reading one of Ido Portals definition of a good pull up, i realized how difficult pull ups really are. So i know i would not be able to do something like this for a while