One leg progression

Started by Kris CHARTON, March 22, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,068 Views

Kris CHARTON

Hi,

What are the advantages of one leg position ?

This position is classed between "flat tuck" and "straddle" and often used for fl, bl, bodylever..

Coach sommer does not mentionned a one leg position in btgb but i see many people practice it.

Is this a useful progression ? or is it better to go from flat tuck to straddle as shown in btgb ?

Another question in relation with,

In this video slizz mentions "advanced flat tuck " for the yewkis. Is this a useful progression ? It is applicable to other fsp / fbe ?

Thanks for any com

Joshua Naterman

To me, the advantage of one leg forward is just to get used to how it feels to have a straight leg with a straight body. Difficulty isn't all that drastically increased, but it is noticeable. This lets you sort of get used to being fully horizontal with a straight body little by little.

I used both, and they helped me more than just trying straddle or just trying one leg, which is what I did at first. Just straddle, and it was hard to straighten out. Just one leg, and it was hard to get stronger. Together they helped me quite a bit more. Don't know if others have had the same experiences.

Michael Miskelly

The reason I used one leg progressions was that my straddle was poor. For some reason I could never get the 'feel' of the straddle positions and always ended up doing some sort of hybrid advanced tuck and straddle with closed hips. My strength had reached the point where adv. tuck was too easy but my straddle-retardedness ment I had to go for one leg progressions.

My straddle actually improved from the strength gained in the one leg positions so it is certainly helpful.