Looking for tips on flag development?

Started by Blairbob, October 6, 2008 · 2 Replies · 5,447 Views

Blairbob

So I decided to play with flags yesterday. And yep my elbows are sore which could have been them or the pullups.

Is there any trick to stabilizing oneself in them. I figure I should try to align my hands in the middle of the bar and turning the elbows as if I were turning the elbows out in basic supporting as in a HS or rings.

Basically, I noticed I kept drifting and losing balance.

I did manage to hold it on one side by shooting my legs straight to vertical or one to horizontal and one vertical. I was using a kick to get up there but I wonder if it could have been generating too much momentum to stop. I'll deal with this as I work them further.

Coach Sommer

Click here for an essay I have written regarding this element.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Blairbob

I remember this article somewhat well. For whatever reasons, I was gripping with the top hand having the thumb pointed up.

I guess I will need something to do while not climbing the rock wall or doing pushups at the Army recruiting demo.