Hey,
I have managed to give myself tendonitis in my shoulder joint and physiotherapists suspect that it is tendonitis in the tendons related to the supraspinatus and infraspinatus.
I have pain during external rotation of the shoulder joint, and in the 70-120 degree range if I raise my arm laterally against pressure. There seems to be some sort of clicking/grinding as well.
My question is - what aspects of gymnastics can I still train while allowing the tendons to recover? I mentioned planches and handstands to the physiotherapist and he said that I should avoid any movement that involves my arm over my head. To this end, he said planches were fine, but handstands were not. For the record, I have no pain during backlevers, muscle ups, tumbling, handstands, planche or front levers. However, iron cross attempts at an angle of 70 degrees or more are painful (I'm pretty sure improper technique is how I caused the damage in the first place).
What sort of stuff would I be safe to keep working on without causing further injury or slowing recovery?
Thanks!!